Thursday, July 3, 2008

What's New...

Nothing really. Well, maybe a little. Chris and I started the South Beach Diet last week. We did it before we got married and both lost a bunch of weight. We've gotten so heavy, we are disgusted with ourselves. South Beach worked well for us last time, so we thought we'd try it again. In the 1st week Chris lost 9 lbs. and I lost 3 lbs. Not too shabby! Week 2 is looking good too. It's only been slightly hard to resist forbidden foods like bread, chips, pizza, soda, ice cream, etc. We've done pretty well so far.

I sprained my left ankle Sunday afternoon taking Maxie for a bike ride. I was riding the bike! She was running. A dog barked, she went left, I stopped both her and I, I hopped off the seat, but she lunged again and pulled me over, rolling my ackle, I went crashing to the ground. Luckily Mr & Mrs Prince were driving by. Mrs P helped my with my ankle while Mr P went to get Chris. It was bad. I went to the doctor Monday morning. They gave me Ibuprofen and Hydrocodone/Vicodin. I rented some crutches from Parson's but only needed them 1 day. Elevation, ice, an air cast, and drug therapy are healing it.

I'm going to Kansas City, MO on Sunday with Natalie from work. We're going to learn a new accounting software. 4 nights at the Embassy Suites! Yee Haa! BBQ here I come. AND it's a direct flight, only 3.5 hours long. I'll get souvenirs!

For the 4th we're going to the Pancake Breakfast at Knight school, sans pancakes of course. Then we'll probably walk around Waite Park and such. No plans for the evening yet. We'll probably drive over near Baker Prairie or something.

Saturday I'll have to do house work and grocery shop and pack.

1 comment:

The Robinson Family said...

Look at you bloggin! Bummer about the ankle! Hope you both have fun with the dieting! Hope your fourth was fun we hung out with fam and went home and hypernated in the house and heard the fireworks but didn't go out. Slackers I know.