Overall January was relaxing and maybe even easy.
Week One
Work was a bit rough the first week of the month. safety meeting and conference scheduler conflicts; driver record requests; OSHA online training.
At home, it's a bit harder to remember what went on. Oh, I'll just look at our checking account spending for a reminder. Let's see; we had Matt & Megan, Aaron & Lori, and Dave over for a game night. We played Settlers of Catan. Matt won after three and a half hours of him and the other four ganging up on Chris to prevent him from advancing and winning. It was funny to watch. They were giving him such a hard time. I didn't play. It's only a six player game so I chose to sit out. I played with the dogs and managed the food and drink.
I think we went to see Avatar 3D this week too.
Week Two
Normal work week. I don't even know why I mention work.
So, I signed up for a Marathon Training Program through FitRight Northwest and their online training site Get Fit Live Fit. Session One is 12 weeks, Wednesdays 6-7 pm, Saturdays 8-9 am. First meeting is the 20th. Paid $99.00 for it. It's geared toward training for the Shamrock Run, which I plan on running the 5K. Last year I barely finished the 5K walk. This year I want to be able to do the 5K run and have energy to spare.
I met Megan at Barnes & Noble in Tanisborne one day and bought a few books. Let's see if I can remember them. Janet Evanovich, High Five; the true story behind the rugby movie Invictus that came out in December; a book on how to communicate about or how to start conversations on difficult subjects like death, and other life issues; and I think the first book in a series that Megan suggested, kind of like the Evanovich books. Then Megan gave me another first book in a series. I better get reading. I've started the High Five book. Need to get going on that communication book.
I also made a plane ticket to visit my dad. March 4th - 7th. I'll fly direct PDX to MSP. Jackie will be visiting her family in Pullman and suggested I come stay with dad while she's gone. I though it was such a great idea. I had already planned on visiting this spring.
Week Three
Chris and I went to see a movie at Bridgeport and it was sold out so we went to the Container Store and looked at getting some ELFA shelving for his office closet. We did end up seeing the movie another time, Up in the Air with George Clooney. At the Container Store I bought a bunch of storage containers for the kitchen for things like pasta and grains, granola, cranberries, nuts. Dry store things that you want to stay fresh. The containers have a simple vacuum seal lid. They're cool.
I started watching what I eat in preparation for training. Maxie went to the doctor on the 22nd for vaccines and teeth cleaning. She didn't recover well from the anesthesia, she was sick, vomit and diarrhia for 2 days. When Chris took her in the next Friday they asked how she did at home after last weeks visit and he asked if they had switched anesthesias, and they said yes and he said please don't give her that one again, it made her sick. She's all better now.
Week Four
Training started Saturday the 23rd. Did a 2 mile run from NW 23rd down Overton to 9th and back. I walked a lot of it. Then trecked over to Katie's for a visit. Was there a few hours then went home to take a nap. Was in bed until about 4:30 then got up and got ready for dinner over at Jake and Angie's in Molalla. We played Cash Cab after dinner. Matt stopped by for a round then Chris joined us and took over for Matt. Sunday was a rest day. I worked out Monday (run/walk and CHS track) and Tuesday (biking with Clarissa and the boys in Molalla), then had training Wednesday night. That went ok, I think I only got in 6 laps. I'll only get better! I had a collision with a bicyclist as I entered to parking lot to the track. I crossed a bike lane and didn't see him. Maybe if he had had something reflective on or a light on I might have seen him. We're both idiots, me for not being more cautious driving in Portland and him for not wearing a light at night.
Chris and I finished out the week with a movie in Canby, Book of Eli. Saturday I had training. Little did I know that it wasn't the gentle 2 miler like week 1, but a 3.5 mile uphill the first half, down the second half. It took me about an hour. I didn't find out about the distance until after when I was in the store and asked. I had missed the first couple of minutes of the meeting, and I'm kind of glad I did. I think knowing in advance where we were going and how difficult it was going to be would have totally screwed with my head and I would have hated every second of it instead of mostly enjoying it like I did, even though it was raining steadily the whole time.
Sunday was mostly a rest day with a morning 1.25 mile walk "around the block" with Chris. We sat on the couch, watched TV movies, and ate junk. I went out to get groceries and cleaned the kitchen a bit.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment